Saturday, July 13, 2013

NLI's Digitization of Parish Records

   
Reading Room NLI
  
     Quite awhile ago I wrote about an article I read in an Irish newspaper concerning the National Library of Ireland's plans to digitize the parish records in it's possession, currently on microfilm. See here--New Records   It appears we will have to wait still longer, I received the following e-mail from the library this afternoon:

Ellen,

The parish registers are not currently available on a digitized basis but it is intended to do so at some stage in the future. I suggest that you keep in touch with us for any updates.


Thanks

Derek Neilson
Genealogist

     How discouraging, not even an indication of when the scanning might begin.  I will keep you posted if I hear further updates sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment