Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday's Tip/If You Don't Have An Ancestry World Subscrition

     For a time I had Ancestry's world subscription, but got very little out of it and chose to cancel.  Recently some church records for my Warner line began showing up in my tree's hints.  This family was from Warwickshire, England so clicking the hints sent me to Ancestry's annoying pitch to re-subscribe rather than to the record itself.  

     There is a way around this I found.  If there is another user's family tree among the hints, clicking on that will show their tree and the records attached to it.  You still can't view the record, but "going in the back door" allows you to view the abstracted facts the record contained instead of being sent to the photo of the world traveler in the enormous hat.  Most of them anyway.  

    At this point, Family Search is putting so many of the same records on their site for free you may find it there also.

No comments:

Post a Comment