Saturday, September 15, 2012

Zillow

     My newlywed daughter was visiting this morning and got on my computer to show me a house she and her husband were interested in buying.  She went to a website called zillow.com.  Up popped the house, asking price, dimensions and the, "zestimate", what zillow thought the house should be valued at.  Cute huh?  It also thoughtfully provided the year the house was built.  "Is this site just for Monroe County," I asked?  No, it covers the whole darn country! 

    Immediately the family historian in me saw the genealogical use for this site.  Google street view, which zillow incorporates, was great, but knowing when the house was built adds another dimension.  I’m off now to check on some ancestral homes, hope you have fun with this site!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Ellie. I've heard of Zillow before, but never thought of this application. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete