Today there is also a road that runs west from Main Street along the southern boundary of the Martin property, apparently an extension of the saw mill road. The horseshoe shape is no longer there, nor is the saw mill. That road now runs straight along the Martin lot before meeting another road leading past the old roundhouse.
It's surprising how much a village can change over the years, and not that many really. In 1892, twelve years before the map above was drawn, the Lehigh Valley Railroad had elected to build their freight transfer yard in Manchester. The LVRR was a major carrier of freight and passengers in the Northeast and the yards were huge. The little village of Manchester experienced a population explosion as workers flooded in which resulted in the need for more housing. Hence the expansion of Merrick Avenue and other areas. It's all gone today--the tracks, the buildings; for the most part only the deserted roundhouse remains, a silent reminder of Manchester's heyday.