Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday's Website

     


      This Wednesdays' website is The Clare County Library site.  I don't even have ancestors in Clare, the closest I come are the Bushnell family of Palmyra, NY-- Clare natives whose eldest son Patrick married my 3rd great-aunt Alice White in 1885-- but this impressive site makes me wish that I did.  

     From the homepage click on "Genealogy & Family History".  This brings up  a lengthy list of databases containing school records starting in 1814, lists of victims of eviction, tenant lists and deaths among many other subjects.  When you exhaust that page, click on "History", for links to more useful databases.

     Not to be missed are the Maps, Placenames, and "Foto" pages.  I only wish my counties of interest had such comprehensive websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment