Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bandon, County Cork Site

    
Main Street, Bandon, Ireland

     This morning I found a website that is new to me, my favorite kind of website--it's free.  If you are lucky enough to have ancestors from the area of Bandon in County Cork you can spend hours perusing this site!  There is the usual, Griffiths, Tithe Applotments and maps, but there is so much more.  Parish records, family trees and emigrant records; leases, tenancies, churches, graveyard inscriptions, directories, military records...it's all here.

     Unfortunately, I have no known ancestors in that area, but I took a look since the whereabouts of my 3rd great-grandfather James White's roots are still unknown to me.  I wish all townlands had such wonderful sites, it would make things so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment